We are pleased that Kangaroos, a registered charity based in Haywards Heath, which relies on external funding to provide its services was our partner charity for 2018.
We presented Sam Norgate from Kangaroos with a cheque for over £6,000:
and Sam expressed Kangaroo’s thanks and told the congregation of their 25th anniversary plans for special trips for the children to which the donation will contribute:
The Kangaroos Christmas tree at 2018's festival
Since 1994 Kangaroos has provided a range of fun, inclusive year-round clubs and trips out, in and around Mid Sussex. Kangaroos caters for children and young adults from age 6 upwards with a wide range of learning difficulties and special needs including autism, cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome, challenging behaviour and complex medical conditions.
Kangaroos offers the opportunity to have fun with their peers, learn new skills and enjoy different experiences away from their families. They are given the chance to participate in activities that anyone of their age group enjoys and takes for granted, providing them with the support and structure they require.
- Age 6+
- PALS – Saturday Club and School Holiday Playscheme up to age 12
- STARS – Weekend and Holiday Playscheme for children with complex physical disabilities
- Age 8+
- Allsports – after school sports club on Mondays
- Champions – after school club offering a range of sports, crafts and cookery sessions
- Age 12+
- Teenscene – Youth Club for teenagers
- Breakaway – Saturday and Holiday Club for teenagers with themed events
- Age 18+
- Youth and Social Clubs held on Tuesday evenings
- No Limits – social and recreational programme for young adults to meet friends and improve their social and life skills
- Family days for whole families to enjoy new experiences, trips out and visits to the theatre.
Follow them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Kangaroos.midsussex
Charity no. 1150202 Company no. 8273898